Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Encouraging Words

Psalm 62:1 I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. 5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. 7 My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. 8 O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.

I did not make a mistake typing this out~David says the same thing twice. Verses 2 & 6 are the same. Have you ever been scared and repeated something that would calm you down over and over? I believe that is what David was doing in these verses. I can see him hiding in the wilderness repeating over and over, "He is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken." Powerful words.

I love that God meets us where we are. We don't have to be sitting in church for Him to hear our prayers. A few minutes before I read these verses, I'd been reading in Jonah, and how Jonah cried out to God from the belly of the whale. And God made that whale spit Jonah out. He hears us wherever we are. In the pit, in a pew at church, in the car driving, He even puts someone in our thoughts for us to pray for right then.

We serve such a gracious God. He is the perfect gentleman in my book. Strong, but gentle. His voice can make the ocean part, yet He is sometimes quiet. I have never heard Him audibly, but I have felt His presence time and time again. The same God who spoke the sun into being knows my every thought. The more I know Him, the more I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Wednesday hodgepodge

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with Joyce's Wednesday hodgepodge this week, since this was one thing we talked about th...