Thursday, May 28, 2009

HaPpY sUmMeR!

It's official. We are out for summer! If you've ever seen High School Musical 2, at the beginning, the part where they're all chanting, "Summer! Summer! Summer!", that is what I felt like yesterday at 3:55 as I was waiting on that final bell to ring.

We got off on the right start by going to church and hanging with friends, then Graham and Drew invited DC over to spend the night. In just a little while, we're going to pack up and head over to Mimi's house to swim! Even though the high is only 80 degrees. They'll either have too much fun to notice that it's cold, or they'll freeze to death. And if they complain, we'll go back to her house to hang out.

So, rewind back to yesterday. I just about made a complete fool of myself over leaving that school. Mrs. Miles, Jonah's teacher, invited me back to her classroom before I left, but I got so choked up that I couldn't do it. It made me feel better that she did, too. I had to walk away. I did the same thing over Noah's teacher. I had to send emails apologizing this morning. I wanted them to understand why I had to just walk away from them. I hate crying in front of people.

Then to top that off, when it came time for all the 5th graders to leave the cafeteria, they all surrounded me with group hugs. I had a few that hugged me tightly and would not let go. It made my heart crack a little. Because THAT propelled me into thinking about next year, and the fact that this will be Graham's last year of elementary school. And the thought of me walking those halls without him there sends me into tears. Like right now. I don't know if I'll be able to handle it.

Well, enough of that sad stuff. This is supposed to be a happy post because it's Summer!!!! Praise the Lord for sustaining me through these past few weeks! I'm gonna get off this thing and go hang with my kiddos! Love to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...