Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

I wanted to make sure my kids knew and understood what today was about, so we had a talk about Memorial day. Jonah wanted to know what army men did. As best I could explain, I told him how they were trained for several things, one of which was war {"what is war, Mommy?"}, but also real life. Hmmm. Don't know if I did that great of a job on the explanation thing, but I did my best. He got quiet, so I'm pretty sure I answered his question.

Noah was playing a game, and probably heard about one fourth of what I said, and Graham and Drew are still asleep. It's funny, because last night when the kiddos were going to bed, we had Jonah, Noah, and Andy. Andy went home. Our friend Marcia called, because Drew got sick. So Graham and Drew came home. We went from three, to two, then back to four. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Looks like Drew has strep. He has fever, and was crying over a sore throat. :( The doctor was nice enough to call in an Rx for him so we didn't have to actually go in to see him. Since Todd and Graham had it.

So. I guess we won't be doing much of anything today. My mom is sick, too, so we won't be going there. And with Drew sick, he won't want to go anywhere. I may make a run to the Kroger before the rest of this week gets under way. Looks like school is questionable for tomorrow. With Drew sick, he shouldn't go, yet I hate for them all to miss field day. So...we'll see. I may call my doctor back and ask his opinion on that. And since they're not doing ANYTHING at school, other than having fun....well. I don't know. The jury's still out.

Today, I am thankful for this country that we live in. I plan on taking some time this morning, and thanking the Lord for His hand over us. I am grateful for the men and women who have fought for our country, and for the ones who have lost their lives for our freedom. We are a blessed nation, no matter the rough times we may be going through. I am so thankful for this country that we live in. I hope that sometime in your day today you stop and take a moment to thank God for all He has given us, and all He has done in our lives. May He bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...