Saturday, May 2, 2009

The End Of A Relentless Week

Oh wow. Another week past. They are slipping by faster and faster. Am I the only one this happens to? They seriously FLY BY. Does this happen to you? I have to admit, though, I am glad they're flying right now. I am so ready for summer break with my kiddos. I cannot wait to sleep late, stay up late watching movies and munching on popcorn, having long, lazy days spent by the pool (ahem, if it's ok with Trav and Katie Katie), I am just anxious for it all.

So yesterday was Jonah's and Noah's kindergarten program. It was adorable. Jonah was a frog and Noah was a mouse. I would love to tell you the name of it, but to be honest, I was so caught up on trying not to cry, that I forgot the name. I made it all the way through without crying, until the very end. They sang a goodbye song, and I sat there and tried to wipe the tears that wouldn't stop rolling down my face. It's been the best kindergarten year in the history of kindergarten years, and I cannot believe that my "babies" are almost big first graders. I'm so proud of them, but I am so sad at this fact: that my kids are growing up too fast. I know this happens to everyone, but it's why I tell everyone I know with kids under 5 to ENJOY THE MOMENTS YOU HAVE WITH THEM WHILE THEY'RE LITTLE. They do NOT stay that way, and my heart just shatters into thousands of pieces as I witness it. I would do anything to have one more day with them before they started kindergarten. To hear their laughter, their playing with each other, the pitter patter of their feet running down the hall. But instead, my mornings are filled with silence, and then I get to go and be with them at school. And I am thankful that, at least I get to BE there with them. Whew, didn't mean to go off on that subject, but I did. Enjoy the pics of them below!After the program, we went outside to the school's picnic area to enjoy cookies and lemonade. And some photo ops. Because every moment is one, ya know. And what kind of a mother would not change the batteries in her own camera so that the blasted thing would die before the program even started, then have to borrow her mom's? Me, that's who. I cannot believe I did that. Whoops. At least Mom had her camera, which just so happens to be nearly identical to mine (except the color), so I could download the pics to my computer.

So that was our exciting morning. Followed by another always exciting day at work. Followed by 2 exciting baseball games, at which my boys rocked the baseball field. After all THAT, my friend Christa and I went to see 17 Again. It was so much fun. Seriously. We even made up our own jokes for the movie when the movie got too serious. It was a blast.

Since it's raining here today, we're enjoying a lazy day spent indoors. The boys are either playing with cars, or on the computer, or on the Wii. I'm about to get up and start laundry, then the daunting task of changing out their clothes for warm weather. Fun times, people. Tonight we're going to Mom's and Bill's, and before that, we may watch Prince Caspian. It's going to be a fantabulous day. I hope you enjoy yours!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics...I tagged you on my blog...hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...