Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

Did you ever watch Mr. Rogers? I didn't mean to get started on this note, but hey, why not? I did. Especially once I started having kids. Drew used to love it. The day that he died was a sad one in the Goodwin household. I was out to there pregnant with the twins, miserable, and he had to die on THAT day. Wasn't it emotional enough with me being pregnant? But about to pop pregnant? Come on.

I cried the whole day. And like three times my sister Lisa called me singing, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Won't you be mine? Won't you be mine?" And would DIE laughing. So hard she'd well....ya know. It was pretty funny, but in my sensitive emotional state, I couldn't appreciate it as much as she did.

Anyway, it's been a great day. I have that good ache thing you get when you work your tail end off. I cleaned the entire house, top to bottom. Well, bottom to top. Starting in the kitchen and the mountain of dirty dishes in my kitchen sink. Gasp! I know you're dying~if you know me at all, you know I passionately HATE dirty dishes in the sink. I am telling you, people, it was a rough week. I also straightened up the laundry room and cleaned the bathrooms. That does not happen that often. Especially the whole house thing.

We went to Mom's and Bill's for dinner tonight~roast beef, yum! And now we just got home. It's so nasty outside~I hope the rain ends tonight. Jonah and Noah have their first game Tuesday night, and I don't want anything to mess it up!! We're about to lay the kiddos down and settle down and...I don't know yet. BUT, I'm sure it'll be fabulous, whatever it is. Anything in a nice, clean house just rocks, ya know??? The boys haven't even messed it up yet. That being said, I'm gonna get off here and onto doing my Bible study homework. I'm way behind. Yikes.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...