Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm Sorry, I Promised I Wouldn't Push My Newest Bible Study On You....But....

I can't help myself. Seriously. God is revealing HIS MAJESTY to me. I can't stand it and have GOT to recommend this to you. If you are in need of finding your place in this world, if you need to know that you are important, that you matter, that you are (or can become) a woman of God, then I recommend this study to you. Please please please, if you ever do ANYTHING I suggest, do this. It is absolutely amazing. You don't have to belong to a group to do this one, either. In fact, it's very personal, so if ever there was one you did on your own, this would be it. You can purchase the Bible study workbook, and for a minimal fee, you can purchase the right to view to online dvd sessions that come weekly. But you know what? You don't even have to purchase that. You could just buy the workbook and ignore the viewer guide page~you really do not have to have that.

It is amazing. It's like God set off this bell in my head this morning as I was completing week 2's homework. I practically heard, "DING DING DING DING DING, JENNIFER, THAT'S IT!!! YOU GOT IT!!!! YOU GOT WHAT I WAS TRYING TO TELL YOU THE LAST TIME YOU FREAKED OUT AT TODD OR THE BOYS!!!" Seriously. I got it. I got it.

Beth wrote this poem about the struggles of...well...of LIVING. I love it and laughed out loud and immediately thought of all my bloggy peeps whom I know (maybe some I don't know) and love and pray for almost daily. I had to share it....I pray I'm not breaking any copyright laws by sharing it...but just in case, I got this poem from page 50 of the member book entitled, "Living Beyond Yourself, exploring the fruit of the Spirit", written by Beth Moore. She wrote this several years ago, just in case you were wondering, but I swear, I think it was meant for me, Jennifer Mellyn Lloyd Goodwin, wife to one, mother of 4, employee of an elementary school whose job title is cafeteria monitor (which means passing out smiles, ketchup and love), who sometimes is a good mom, but yells too much on occasion, or freaks out at the hubby (who did nothing to warrant it) too much. Need I go on? I think not. Enjoy the poem.

Superwoman's Freedom Plea, by Beth Moore

Oh, Lord, who said there's just One Life to Live?
I'm sure I'm livin' a thousand!
The few times I do awake to pray
All My Children start arousin'!

Uh, oh! No time for quiet now
Think quick! The day's beginnin'!
I'll try to recall all Oprah's advice...
Then my head starts spinnin'!

Make those younguns religious, cautious but not suspicious
And watch their self esteem!
Yet you be professional, look sensational
And keep that house squeaky clean!

And perish the thought you'd forget the needs
Of that marvelous man you married
Why, throw yourself before him when he raises his eyebrows
And quit thinking, "I'd rather be buried!"

Oops, now I'm late for work, the kids hate their clothes
And the baby's got a cough
As The World Turns so quickly, I'm severely tempted
To take the next jump off.

Surely they're kiddin', is there anyone left
Who's honestly Young And Restless
As for me, I feel centuries old, completely worn out
And cellulite infested!

It's gonna take more than Ryan's Hope for this woman to survive.
I cannot abide another deep breath of these Days Of Our Lives!
Superwoman? She's a curse. To fake her is impossible!
And if I try for one more day, I'll wind up in General Hospital!

I've gotta be here, I've gotta be there
I frankly cannot face it.
Rescue me from havoc, please, show me what is basic!
Slow me down, Lord, save this life and keep my eyes on You.
Satan can have this rat race world~

Thank God I'm just passin' through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day


I know I am onto something good, now I can use http://www.BuySellDirect.net FREE to sell and make extra money.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net is a a free service to buyers and sellers !

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...