Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Monday!

We had such an amazing weekend...a fast one, but fun, nonetheless. I could not help but feel extremely blessed as we spent our entire weekend with friends and family. In the midst of Jonah's and Noah's birthday party Saturday night as I looked around, I got really choked up. God has blessed our family and friends so much. And He has blessed us by giving them to us. I love them all so much. I truly felt that all of our best friends were here with us that night. Our families know and love them, we know their families and fit right in, there's just an invisible line between us and them. We fit into each other's lives perfectly.

God has also blessed me with some amazing girlfriends...the kind of friend that Proverbs 27:17 speaks of: "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." I have that with several different girlfriends, and I feel blessed because of it. I challenge you to spend some time this week with your gal pals, whoever they may be. Cultivate those relationships...it takes extra time, but it is well worth the effort. I know that some of us say that our husband is our best friend, and while he very well may be, there's just something DIFFERENT about a girlfriend. Women can love and care for each other in ways that men cannot. And I don't mean that in any sort of negative way, but men just don't understand all that we girls need and want. Of course we could tell them, and they could try to fill in those gaps, but it won't be the same. I can't help but think of the word nourish when I think of my friendships. Nourish, according to the Webster's dictionary, means to promote the growth of, to furnish or sustain with nutriment. Some other words for nourish are nurture, rear, feed, maintain and support. Can you honestly think of better words than those to describe our friendships?

I didn't mean to get off on that subject this morning, it's amazing where God takes me with this whole writing thing. My prayer is that He will use this to His benefit...my blog, that is. I hope this gives some of you some encouragement for this new day. Well, I have to run...love to all, and Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...