Thursday, February 26, 2009

A New Day

First, let me apologize for the complete and total pity party I had yesterday. How dumb of me. Oh well, it's over and it's a new day. Have you ever had one of those moments when God just seems to kind of hit you in the head? Well, I have and did again this morning. I was reading my devotion, and the theme for the next 5 days is words of encouragement. I just had a conversation with my mom~in~love about a situation I'm a part of (really can't say more than that, it's all confidential), and God using me in a situation to help someone. And then I read these words from Proverbs 15:4: Gentle words are a tree of life; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit. Hello, God? I got the message. Thank You for speaking to me today.

The devotion goes on to tell about a young lady named Maya who at 20 years of age was struggling to find her place in life. She kept encountering trial after trial and was feeling pretty dejected. She had been in San Francisco visiting her mom and was headed back to her home, across the country. As she was about to leave her mom, her mom whispered in her ear, "You know I think you are the most amazing woman I have ever met." Maya started thinking, 'What if I really am somebody?' That was a turning point in her life, and that statement filled her with confidence and hope. Today, Maya Angelou is a best selling poet, novelist and poet laureate of the United States. All because of that one little whisper of encouragement.

See my point here? I am to encourage someone today. And I know exactly who. I don't yet know how I'll do that, or what I will say, but it is something God wants me to do, and I will. Who can you encourage today?? I challenge you to find someone today to breathe words of life into. I am the only smiling face some of my friends @ CES see in their day. I will make them my goal today, to smile, love and to encourage them. And for that one special someone...well, I'll get to her, too.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...