Monday, January 26, 2009

Thoughts

Graham is going back to school tomorrow, and I will be back at work. I missed it a little, but Graham and I had a really good day together. He's getting older, so he's getting this personality that I love. He has let go some of that "I'm always right" mentality, and is just pleasurable to be around. I'm thrilled at the changes I see in him. He's becoming such a little man.

Speaking of little (or not so!) men, we measured them all this morning. Since June, they've all grown a minimum of one inch, although Graham has grown 2 and 1/2 since August, and finally gained the position of "older brother, bigger brother" for the first time in his life. He's taller than Drew by a quarter of an inch, probably, but enough to boost his ego. We measure all the boys on the side of our tornado closet door, and they LOVE when Daddy pulls out the measuring tape! It doesn't take much to please these sweet boys.

Graham did NOT so he's going back to school tomorrow since he didn't run fever all day. He kept on taking his temp. all afternoon, but I finally told him just to hang it up, he was going back tomorrow. During our day together, we grocery shopped and ate lunch at Zaxby's. This afternoon he wanted me to watch a show with him, and I ended up falling asleep on the couch. It was Witches Of Waverly Place, which in my opinion, is dumb. Anyway, when I woke up, he was watching THE FOOD NETWORK!!!! Big Daddy, you have gotten into this kids' head! That's my favorite channel too, but a 9 year old boy??? Hilarious!

I told him he could go to culinary school after high school to become a chef, maybe even head chef, and he loved that idea. I wouldn't mind it either. He could come home on weekends and cook for me and Todd. Not too shabby of an idea, if you ask me! It'll be his turn to give back to us, by then!

Since this seems to be all about Graham, I will tell you that we did not ignore the rest of our children today. Tonight we played Farkle as a family and Noah beat us all into the ground. He was so happy, the cute little thing! We were going to watch Jon and Kate, but opted for game night instead. We're supposed to do this once a week, but haven't kept up with it. Maybe tonight changed it, and this will be our new ritual every week! Anyway, we dvr'd Jon and Kate, so we'll all watch it tomorrow. Did I mention the boys are all hooked on it now? Well, they are. It's a great show, if you don't watch. My favorite.

Well, I'm off to bed to read a little. It's back to work tomorrow! Love to all and goodnight!

No comments:

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Here were a few th...