Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Some More From Matthew

Matthew 10:16 Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.

Verse 18 You will stand trial before governors and kings because you are my followers. But this will be your opportunity to tell the rulers and other unbelievers about me.

Verse 19 When you are arrested, don't worry about how to respond or what to say. God will give you the right words at the right time.

Verse 20 For it is not you who will be speaking~it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Verse 22 And all the nations will hate you because you are my followers. But everyone who endures to the end will be saved. 23 When you are persecuted in one town, flee to the next. I tell you the truth, the Son of Man will return before you have reached all the towns of Israel.

Do you ever feel these things? That you're persecuted because of your faith? Or you find that people won't be your friend because they probably consider you quacky because of your morals? I've encountered those things. I've also felt like my world was crashing down around me, and I received peace when I read John 16:33. It says this: "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Sometimes I just seem to be so completely lost as to what to say to someone who hurts me, or who is overreacting about something, but I can gain understanding through these verses. I really love that one that says it will be your Heavenly Father speaking through you. I have felt that so many times, and words cannot explain that feeling. I have looked back when it was over and just been astonished.

Living your life in God is not easy...His word says that the road to hell is broad, but the one into heaven is straight and narrow. He promises troubles and trials, not easy times. Not every second will be bad, but we take joy in the fact that we can rely on Him to get us through whatever it is we're facing. He has brought me through many times, and I'm sure there will be many more. I read His word not because I want to say that I've read the Bible all the way through, but I read it so it will just soak into me. I want to be fully saturated with His truth so that I can be prepared for whatever life hands me. I have really great days, and I have really bad days. On the really bad days, you will find me quiet and reserved. It's because I'm praying for much of that time. Thank the Lord that He can read our minds and knows what we speak even though we don't actually speak it out loud. Sometimes I smile and sometimes I don't. But I rejoice in the fact that He loves me just as I am, quirkiness and faults included.

I read somewhere the other day that blogs reflect only what the writer wants you to know, but my prayer is that mine is not that way. I am by no means perfect. I have days when I yell too much at my kids. I freak out if they're rooms aren't cleaned (after they've told me they were), or if they keep on asking me same question over and over and over and over. My prayer is that this will be an encouragement to those who need it. I pray over this thing every day, literally EVERY DAY, that today God will bring this across the path of someone who needs it. Tonight I needed to write, so thank you for letting me vent.

Well, the kiddos are off to bed, and they're calling me to come and tuck them in. We were watching Parent Trap (my all time favorite movie), but they all started dozing off. Jonah included, if you can believe that. I guess it's back to the real world tomorrow. Good night, and love to all.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Love this post! Also, LOVE the background colors. Have a great day! Thinking of all of you and missing you!

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Here were a few th...