Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day!!!


This is what we woke up to this morning! Snow! Just a little, though, which was plenty for someone to cancel school! All they were predicting was ice, but we got both! Actually it was just a little of each, but like I said, that was all we needed! So it's our first official snow day! It did this last year~but it started on a Friday afternoon when the kids were home from school already, and it was in March. And not just any night in March, but THE night of Jonah's and Noah's birthday party. So I really like this timing much better. It works for all of us. This was a shot I got from our front porch. I love our neighborhood, but it's even more beautiful when it's covered in snow.



Remember the game night I mentioned a couple days ago? These next 2 were taken then. Jonah just looked too cute in this picture, so I wanted to share it, but the next one's the funny one.

We were playing a game with dice, and we all decided that we have the best table ever for rolling dice. They roll easily, and we loved the sound. I think it was Drew that said we should try listening to it with our ears to the table. So that's what we were doing. It really did sound cool.


Anyway, we are having the best day so far. I would love to say that we all stayed warm and cozy in bed and slept late. But that would be lying. Our illustrious school system decided not to make the decision on to cancel school, or to not cancel school, until 2 am this morning. However, my sister was up before 5, and she said that as of 5 am this morning, school was still on. So when my alarm clock went off at 6 this morning, I got up and checked online to see what the outcome was. I was beside myself, and wanted so bad to go back to bed, but for some crazy reason, I was wide awake. I wouldn't have minded that had it just been me. But then Graham and Drew heard me and woke up with me. We all came downstairs, but I told them no way was I watching their shows that early in the morning.

That lasted for about 45 minutes, then the neighbor came out. So of course they had to join Kari outside. They had already been out, gotten wet and frozen, then come in and changed, all by 8:00! Such is life with kids. As long as they're having fun, I'm having fun. I'm so happy that they got a snow day~I remember how much I used to love those as a child. I didn't have as much fun, though because I was the only at home then. All the sisters were grown and married. Although when I was a junior in high school, my stepdad would drive me to my friend Shawna's house, and we would sled down her steep driveway. Fun times.

Todd is home today too, at least for a little while, then he's riding with the Sheriff's department tonight. He went and got donuts for us all this morning, at the request of Graham. Who is feeling MUCH better, by the way. Well, speaking of food and being hungry, I'm going to go figure out what we're having for lunch. I'm thinking grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Y.U.M.M.Y. Love to all and Happy Snow Day!!! And if it's not a snow day for you, then Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Here were a few th...