Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Shows I Watch

There are several, and I won't name them all, but my favorite kind is the one I can watch with the boys in the same room. We watched American Idol tonight. I hate the name, but love the show~at least the auditions. Somewhere along the 3rd or 4th week I lose interest. I can only take so much of Simon, Paula, Randy and now Cara.

I thought Drew's eyes were going to pop out at the 16 year old girl that started the 'adopt a grandfriend' in her hometown. He was fanning himself on the floor. I know. I should be worried. And we are. It seems that girls are all he thinks about, and I know it's only going to get worse. I don't know if I'm prepared for this...but ready or not, here it comes. Right?

So I was walking in the cafeteria today and this little boy in 2nd grade is talking to me, and all of a sudden he stops talking and just looks at me. He says, "I really love your outfit." And then went right on talking about whatever he'd been talking about. It was so precious. And it made me feel good. I love boys that are observant. I think mine are, and it's neat to hear other ones comment on things. It's been an enlightening experience getting into the minds of elementary kids! They're a trip! They don't care what they look or sound like, they just say whatever is on their mind. I love it.

So what else has been going on in our house, you wonder? Well, not much. Last night I went out with girlfriends to Panera Bread Co.! Yummy! We had a blast, like usual. While I was gone, Todd took the boys to Target so they could spend some Christmas money they'd gotten. They got a couple of new Guitar Hero games....the Aerosmith version, and the rocking 80's, which I love! Jonah got this monster sized recycling truck that came with all sorts of goodies and gadgets, and Noah got a GI Joe fighter jet. They were all in Heaven, needless to say, when they woke up this morning. I even broke my own rule and let Graham and Drew play their new game. I have a strict no electronics rule in the mornings at our house. All the games usually make us late for school. Well not quite, but we always cut it a little too close.

That's all we've done so far this week. We were going to watch a movie, but we all ended up downstairs watching Idol. Even the twinks love it. Jonah was so funny, when he heard this one guys sing, he said, "I can sing like that!!!!" and proceded to sing in his little voice that sounds like he sucked down the helium of 20 balloons. It was precious, although the voice gets annoying after a while. Well, I'm gonna go read my new book....I just finished the best one last night, and I'm eager to start my other new one! So, goodnight and love to all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're boys are sooooooooo funny! I just them all! Of course the twinks will always have a special place in my heart!

Unknown said...

You're boys are sooooooooo funny! I just them all! Of course the twinks will always have a special place in my heart!

third Tuesday check-in

  Happy Tuesday, friends! It's time for the third Tuesday check-in, when I'll share a very honest assessment on how life is going in...