Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Need To Vent

Today was such a Monday. Except that it wasn't Monday. A particular little friend at school has given me problems since my first day, however, I thought we'd overcome them. I was wrong. She started in again today, and it was just relentless. I was forced to say something to the teacher because she said really bad (REALLY BAD) things about me to the girls at the table. AND TO GRAHAM. Notice the all caps. That makes me mad~her talking bad about me to him. I made him promise never to say anything back to her~except maybe for, "we pray for you". It just makes for a miserable and uncomfortable situation.

I can't stand when I let a kid get to me like that, but she did. Get to me, that is. I was so upset by it all...I have made her my personal goal since I've been there, and I can't stand the thought of someone not liking me~especially someone so young. I got finished at work, then went and hung out with Noah's class in kindergarten. I came up with their science fair project for this year, and we completed it today. Anyway, when I was done there, I went out to my car and just sat and prayed for this girl, and the whole situation about my feelings being hurt. I surrendered it all to God and in the process prayed for this little girl. The bottom line is that she has a horrible home life. The only good part of her day is at school, and when she's having a bad day, she just lets loose on anyone and anything. I feel so sorry for her...my heart breaks at the thought of a kid having a bad home life. I am not going to say her name, but please help me in praying for her if you think about it.

Anyway, I feel better now that I've written about it. Needless to say, between that and the inauguration~it's made for a very long day. I was glad to see 4:00 roll around when I could get my boys and go home! We had a yummy leftover dinner, and we're all in our pj's. AND we're getting a new cable service provider! That's always exciting! The boys are excited because now they'll have dvr on the upstairs tv, too. I love saving money!!!!

No comments:

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Here were a few th...