Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2009!!!

I am floored that's it's January 3rd of 2009!!! I cannot believe how fast this year (school year, I mean) is flying by! They are really growing up in the blink of an eye, and I must admit that it really saddens me. I feel like I'm watching a ticking bomb....except the only thing exploding is their boundless energy.

We had a wonderful time ringing in the New Year with a houseful of our closest friends...the people we live next to and go to church with. I love them all, and thankful to the Lord for His blessing of friends in abundance!! It was also great seeing Debi again...except for the sad circumstances that brought her here. We went to the funeral yesterday, but didn't go to the grave site...it was 2 hours away. Lisa and Debi got home around 7 last night...it was a very lonnnng day.

Todd and I had a date last night...we went to Olive Garden for dinner, then he drove to Lifeway so I could buy some books!! My idea of perfection...I even got out of the store in under 20 minutes, which is an all time record for me. I think I stayed in there for 3 hours one time. Seriously. I love me some books and music!

We came home, and changed and went our separate ways. Todd stayed home to watch the game, and I went to Katie's house to watch Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants. We had to watch that one again to be able to watch the next one....which, if you're reading this, Katie, I put on my Netflix queue. I should have it not this week but next. It's a date, babe! Anyway, I was glad to know that Katie and I cried in all the same parts of that movie. =) There's nothing like crying with a great friend to bond you together!

So this morning we watched Huck and Tom, and now we're watching The Adventures of Huck Finn...and recording it for the boys. Mom and Bill let the boys spend the night with them last night, and they're having a great time playing with Uncle Trey's old toys...GI Joe's. Hey, what can I say, they're boys! I'm sure they're building forts and somehow incorporating all the nooks and crannies they love to use while out at their house. I can just imagine....

So, I have a new endeavor: Scripture memorization. The first one I've memorized is Ephesians 2:10...."For we are God's masterpiece. He created us anew in Christ Jesus so we could do all the good things He planned for us long ago." I'm doing this with my blog buddies from Beth Moore's blog site. Anyone who wants to join me, can...I have a link to her blog on mine...it's called LPM Ministries. Anyway, it's really awesome because almost 2500 women have signed up to do this! Forty~eight out of 50 states are participating, and ten different countries or provinces as well. As she put it , we're all wanting a Jesus year!!! And btw...when I wrote that verse, I quoted it from memory! Yay me! Okay...too much London Tipton...if you don't know what that is, nevermind.

I read that the two most commonly used verses are Isaiah 33:6 and Zephaniah 3:17. Isaiah 33:6 says, "He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure." Totally appropriate given our shaky times today and in the upcoming year. I really like this next one, though...Zephaniah 3:17 says, "The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." I love that one...especially where it says 'He will quiet you with His love'. He quiets us...reminds us that there is nothing too big for Him, nothing too scary or unstable that He cannot handle. I love it.

I'm going to go read some more now...just wanted to start off my blog's new year on the right Words. Love to all...

No comments:

third Tuesday check-in

  Happy Tuesday, friends! It's time for the third Tuesday check-in, when I'll share a very honest assessment on how life is going in...