Monday, December 29, 2008

HaPpY MoNdAy...Or NoT So...

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, I think. Well, I don't think, I know. It's just one of those days. The clutter of my house is getting to me, and the boys had not done some things I'd asked them to do yesterday. As I was on the verge of losing my temper, I whispered, "Jesus, my nerves are shot." And just like that, this unspeakable peace washed over me.

I retraced my steps and apologized to the boys. I had lost it somewhat, and they were my easy target. I asked their forgiveness, and took that opportunity to tell them how my Father forgives me when I mess up. I told them that I mess up; that I have done it lots before and will probably do it lots again. I told them that the point I was trying to make still stood: that they were to be more responsible for their belongings. I told them that what came downstairs had to find its way back upstairs, that they still had to take care of their toys, closet and room. I told them that they had 'daily responsibilities' just like I did, and regardless of what we were doing, those things had to be taken care of first. I just said it all in a much nicer way.

It's amazing how quickly the Lord's peace washed over me. All I had to do was whisper that plea to Him, and He heard. I didn't even ask for it, but He knew I needed it and supplied it in abundance. My dad and I were just talking at lunch about God is there...all you have to do is just reach out to Him, and He will touch you. Just like He did me this morning, as I was on the verge of losing all sanity. (Not really, just trying to be funny.)

I got a new Bible for Christmas! I love it....it's my favorite of all so far. It's New Living Translation, and it's teal and brown....MY colors! It's called Sanctuary. For lots of reasons, I fell in love with this Bible and actually picked it out with Dad back in September. So, when I opened it up Saturday night, I turned to Psalms. You can always judge whether or not you'll like a new translation by reading through some of the Psalms. At least I can. Anyway, I turned it to Psalm 27:4, and 5. This is what it says:

4 The one thing I ask of the LORD~the thing I seek the most~is to live in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD'S perfections and meditating in His Temple. 5 For He will conceal me there when troubles come; He will hide me in His sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock.

Isn't that beautiful??? I really needed that today. I reread it again as I was having my morning meltdown. We had an incredible day at church yesterday, and this morning was the enemy's way of taking that away from me. But he didn't succeed at all...I caught onto what was happening, whispered my heartfelt plea, then spent some time reading in God's word. His living, breathing Word, the Word of Life, my shield against all life's heartaches, troubles and mistakes. And when I can't find where I want to read, or if I don't have a plan as to what I want to read, I simply turn to the book of Psalm. You can never go wrong there.

He truly is my sanctuary, my hiding place. When I have nowhere else to turn, He is there waiting on me, reaching out to me. If only I could remember that as I try to take on the world and all that goes with it on my own. All I have to do is ask, seek, knock, then believe. I like what Proverbs 2: 1~7 says about it:

1 My child, listen to what I say, and treasure my commands. 2 Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. 3 Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. 4 Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasures. 5 Then you will understand what it means to fear the LORD, and you will gain knowledge of God. 6 For the LORD grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. 7 He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity.

As I write this, I'm listening to six boys running and screaming upstairs playing hide and seek. I just asked them not to play that inside, they're all freaking Andy out, and he's hiding behind the kitchen table. Poor dog. I kicked them all outside...the six are my 4, and Graham and Drew each have a friend over. I'm trying to wear them all out and I'm hoping for six o'clock to hurry up and get here so they big boys can go to the Tiger's game!!! I love them, but they need some time with their daddy. And I need some quiet and peace with just me, Jonah and Noah! We're going to go see Madagascar 2, because they didn't want to go to the basketball game. I'm excited!!!

Well, now that I vented a little, I must say I feel better. I know it's really shocking to some of you that I actually have meltdowns every now and then~I know...I'm waiting on that lightning to strike just any moment! Well, I hope you all have a blessed Monday!!!

And just to end this even better: our favorite group, The Go Fish Guys...this song is awesome! I love them, but I love this message even better! Enjoy!




No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...