Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday

I stayed home with Jonah and Noah today while Todd, Graham and Drew went to church. Jonah doesn't feel all that great~I think he may have what I had on Tuesday. He's just laying on the couch watching cartoons with Noah. And if you're wondering, Noah is NOT sick, but with twins if one stays home the other one automatically stays with him. At least until they're old enough not to cry over missing the other one.

I just read my friend Rene's blog, and I was flooded with memories of this time last year. Her husband Charles had major surgery on Thursday. I don't know exactly what happened, and I tried to call her but I didn't get in touch with her. I know how she feels~I was there last year when Todd was in the hospital. I felt like my whole world was falling apart and like I was all alone. No one truly understands what that is like unless they've experienced. The friends that I thought would have come by to visit did not, and the ones I didn't expect to visit did. We found out quickly who our friends were and if they were true or not.

They also have 4 kids, but the 2 youngest are one and two. I think they've divided them in half while Charles is in the hospital. I was fortunate in the fact that I had family who was able to take care of all of them together. And I did not worry about them one bit during that time, although I missed them all something terrible. I was so glad when he finally came home that I was beside myself, but he had a long recovery. I am sure it'll be that way with Rene's husband~I did find out that he had some sort of stomach surgery.

I am watching SpongeBob. I hate SpongeBob, have I ever told you that??? I'm changing it now...nevermind, I told Noah he could finish this one and then we would change it. There's only one or two minutes left, then it'll be over. Well, I am going to get off this computer now. The laundry is finished, so I'm going to go upstairs to make beds and fold clothes. I might as well take advantage of my time while I'm at home. It's back to work tomorrow, and after that, it's a busy week!! We'll be decorating our Christmas tree on Tuesday night, so I've got to get ready for that. I have a feeling today is the last day I'll be doing laundry for a few days. I hope we have enough socks and undies....hahahahaha.

1 comment:

  1. Thx for thinking of me! Like you - we (well - I at least) now know who our real friends are. Sadly - not very many! Someone told me a long time ago that you will have lots of acquaintances but very few friends...how true! Very disappointing though. Anyway - I'm so glad you can understand my psychosis! I don't want to desert the kids, so I'm trying to be there for them too, but my heart is with my husband...is that awful of me? I feel like I've deserted him b/c i can't be with him today. Oh well - God is the greatest comforter. He'd do a better job than me anyway! I used to think I was a pretty strong person, but now, I'm not so sure. Love ya girl...I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...