Saturday, October 11, 2008

Our Night At Tom's Farm

We had our second annual visit to Tom's Farm out in Moscow Tn last night.  Todd, David and Sunny and I decided this was our new tradition every year.  I think we went the same time last year, too, and it was not that busy.  Last night there were more people there than last year.  We got to meet Tom, and that man makes a killing off his little business.  He just this year opened his land up to campers.  Which of course got us started on that subject, and me deciding I'm not really a campin' out type of gal.  =)  Unless I have an RV to stay in.  Or at least some real bathrooms.  Anyway, back to last night...it was David, Sunny, Savannah, her friend Bailey, Holly, Andy, Todd, Graham, Drew, Drew Coleman, Jonah, Noah and myself.  We had the whole hayride to ourselves, needless to say!

We went and browsed through all the pumpkins while we waited on our hayride to come back.  This is where they have all these fun little games for the kids to play.  They had a table with a grinder that the kids could find some corn, and grind it up into just the kernels.  They also had a big sand~type table with all the corn kernels in it.  Holly tried to bury herself in it.  I wish I'd gotten a picture, but my camera was already put up.  I told Sunny she'd better watch out in her laundry, that she'd be popping popcorn when she got around to drying what Holly had on last night!  Do you really think that could happen?!?!  I mean, the dryer is hot, like a microwave!  Hmmm, who knows?  Look at the picture above...they have the coolest pumpkins!  Jonah and Noah did NOT want to stop and have their picture made.  Oh well.


I think Holly lost a tooth.  We decided last night that she has 2 volumes....loud and louder.  She could have been at the driveway at Tom's Farm, and I promise her voice could be heard all the way to the back of the corn maze.  She is hilarious...we love her.  I also decided that she is the female version of Drew, which is why those 2 get along so well.  Isn't she a cutie??

Jonah and Andy were goofing off and being totally uncooperative by not being still for my picture.  Little turkeys.  They were having sooooo much fun.  All of them were swinging on this rope swing that was set up right behind our table.  I think they all fell off at least once, and Savannah actually really hurt her rear end.  Enough so that we were a little concerned that she'd possibly broken it, but it ended up being okay.  Sunny and I walked her back to our Burban and got her some motrin.  

Sunny and me!  Yay!  She looks 14, doesn't she?  And her hair is ridiculously little next to mine.  It was cool, but really humid, and mine kept on getting bigger and bigger.  It did end up finally cooling off enough for me to put on a jacket finally.  It was definitely a lot cooler this time last year.  =(  I LOVE fall weather.  Savannah took this picture.  

I forced Todd to let me take a picture of him.  So, for your enjoyment, here he is.
It's actually a really good picture of him, I thought.  He always thinks he looks dumb, but I don't think so.

Noah looks contemplative.  He was really studying that fire.  I think he was waiting on Todd to help him with a marshmallow.  All we had to use to cook with were hangers, Sunny and David brought fancy little wire forks that you could extend out to make longer.  Fancy schmancy.  I think we're going to buy some and take them with us next year.

Four out of the five boys we had with us...The one in jeans and grey tshirt is their friend from church, Drew Coleman.  D.C. is what we lovingly refer to him as.  It's kinda confusing...D.C. and D.G. sound awfully alike.  Anyway, he told us he was coming back here with us next year.  His parents went to the University of Memphis game with his older brother and little sister last night, and he actually turned that down in favor of coming with us and spending the night.  He loves us.  =)  He's one of the sweetest, cutest, most polite kids I've honestly ever met.  He's one of those angels that you LOVE being around.  And funny, on top of all that.  Except for when Graham sneezed on him, and he got mad.  Which I would have too.  =)

We had dessert before we had dinner last night.  The Stall's weren't there yet, so we all had an appetizer of toasted marshmallows.  Yummy!!!

My sweet little babies.  Cool picture, huh?  I was going to take from the opposite angle, but Jonah said, "No Mom!  Go on the other side so the fire is in front of us!"  Pretty creative photographer I have on my hands, I'd say.  

And this was our campfire.  We had so much fun, and it's totally worth the money to do this once a year.  The kids had a blast, and the icing on the cake was D.C. being there with us.  Our fire was set back in a corner, and the corn maze was right behind us.  It was really nice and private.  At one point we were all under the trees and the moon was giving us little glimpses of itself through the clouds, and with the fire in the background I told everyone I felt like we should all join hands and sing 'Kumbayah My Lord'.  It was awesome.  We didn't sing.  Well, Sunny and I did for just a minute, but everyone just ignored us.  

The hayride was cool~this year instead of sitting on bales of hay, we actually had old car seats and old movie theatre seats to sit on!  They were quite comfy.  We scared the daylights out of all the girls that were with us, and in the process accidentally scared Andy.  We kept on saying, "Look!  What is that out there?!?!"  Oops.  He was okay....we stopped and apologized for scaring him.  It was aimed at Savannah and her friend, Bailey.  Well, I'm going to go cook all these hungry kids some breakyfast.  Hope you enjoyed the pics!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for coming by and letting me know I can link you! I posted about why I have been burdened with this and have put you up on the blog list.
    thanks again,
    alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Currently: the happy May edition

  Happy Wednesday, and happy MAY!! I'm so excited that it's this time of year and that summer is so close that I can almost taste it...