Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall Break!!!

As amazing as this week was....I will be glad for fall break!  I am in much need of sleeping in, and not having to fix lunches!!  We're kicking off our fall break with our second annual trip to Tom's Farm, a really cool pumpkin patch in Rossville.  I am sooooo excited!!!  We'll be roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, then going on a kind of spooky hayride.  Well, not really, but according to Sunny and me, it is!  

What do all of you have planned for this time off?  Anything special?  The boys (older) are having a mutual friend over tonight, then tomorrow is our churches Cordova Fest.  I'm not all that excited, but they are!  We'll be having dinner with Nana and Big Daddy, and hopefully making smores.  It's been a while, right Big Daddy???

Sunday is church in the am, but Sun. night is called Cordova on the Green, which is an outside church service for all ages.  We'll be having hot dogs then, too, but it's a really cool time of fellowship and worship.  I'm so excited.  

Will you pray for Todd on Monday?  He'll be going in for a re~check for the surgery he had almost a year ago.  He'll be having an endoscopy (tube with camera down the throat) at around 1:00 that day.  I am believing God that all will be perfectly normal!  Join me in prayer, though, if you remember us.  

On Tuesday, some friends and myself are all taking our kids to Chucalissa (sp?) Village.  It's cheap, we found out, and with a group of 10 or more, it's an extra dollar off.  Me and my friend alone are almost at the group price.  Seriously.  The boys cannot wait, though...they get to do all kinds of fun things while there.  I'm pretty pumped.  Graham has a party that afternoon, so he'll be nice and exhausted by the time we're done that day.  And I will probably not be ready to be back at work.  I'm sure my house will be in shambles, so I'll get to do that bright and early Wed. morning.  

Well, I just had to post while I had a few minutes....my Daddy is on his way over!  I'm kind of enjoying having my feet up in the recliner.  It's either I do something somewhat active, or I'll fall asleep.  I have got to finish reading this book I'm reading.  It's honestly keeping me up at night.  I'm so consumed with the characters, it's hard to put down.  For once I'll be glad to finish one of Karen Kingsbury's books.  It's the last one out of a series of about 15, so it's pretty intense.  I strongly recommend her books, though, especially this series.  It all begins with the Redemption Series, then the Firstborn Series, and now the Sunrise Series.  You can go the above link for more info about her books.  I strongly recommend her.  She titles all of her books Lifechanging Fiction, and they truly are.  

Oh, well, here's Daddy, I gotta run!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...