Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And now...

Well, I know you are all just dying to hear how today went.  Not really, but I have one more hour of freedom before the kiddos come home, so I'm going to tell you anyway.  Let me just begin by saying that I prayed extra hard for these sweet kids today.  I knew it would be another rough day (it's rainy and overcast here), so I decided to take it all to God in prayer.  I don't know if it was them being better, or me being more prepared and prayed up (as we A/G gals like to say!), but today was SO MUCH BETTER.  Praise God!  

First off, I handed out these little teddy bears, which are like gold.  What is that, you ask?  They are these teeny tiny paper teddy bears cut out of the die cut machine.  When the kids are being good...quiet, respectful, lunches packed up and sitting quietly, they get a teddy bear.  What is even BETTER than a teddy bear are the paper dragons...we're the CES Little Dragons, keep in mind.  Only one child per day, per class, gets one of these little jewels.  And let me tell you...when I got out my pocket full of teddies, it was like POWER IN THE PALM OF MY HAND.  Seriously.  
I would have thought the fourth and fifth graders were too old for such trivial things, but they're the ones who were begging for it the most!  Crazy, I tell you, but it works, and I am NOT going to question it.  Tomorrow I have to get there early so I can cut some more out.  The kids were mad today because I kept running out!  

The other good thing is that I am finally learning the routine and the ins and outs of doing this job.  I am learning lots of good lessons...ones the average person would not understand unless they pulled a 2 1/2 hour shift in the lunch room.  I have been told by at least 3 teachers that they would NEVER want that job.  But me....well, I love it.  I even got to stay late and helped the TA'S run errands around the school.  I definitely got some exercise today!  Maybe I'll actually lose some weight!  Woo hoo!  

Okay, well, enough of this...I'm going to get off this thing before it eats up all my leftover time!  Love to all....thanks for the prayers and the words of encouragement!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you've found the kids "currency". God is good. I also just read Ps 146 two days ago in Bible Study...God is good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...