Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Few Moments

Well, I finally have time to write more than just a few sentences.  I haven't had time to catch my breath all week, and I must say...it feels so nice to sit here and blog.  I needed this outlet tonight!  I was going to take the boys to karate tonight, but they opted not to go.  I was so glad!  I wanted to take them to the library, so we did that after dinner.  Jonah and Noah are so excited over their books, they're the easy readers, and they already know some of the words.  

Drew really wanted some books called Wayside School, but they were all checked out.  He got these really cool adventuresome books instead...they're about kids that climb mountains, and get shipwrecked.  You know...boy stuff.  Right now, I am doing this, Drew's looking at I Spy, and Graham, Jonah and Noah are watching a Diego movie.  Todd just got home from work, and is now in the shower, so....here I am.  

I worked in the health room at school today, and when I resigned from my weekly shift (volunteer, I might add), the lady in charge of health room (a mom, just like me, but on the P.T.A.) got so mad that she threw a folder on the floor.  I kid you not.  She got mad because I got a job making money at the boys' school, and quit doing the VOLUNTEER work on Thursdays.  This is even after I told her that I'd gotten my mother in law to take one Thursday every month for the rest of the school year.  Which I did NOT have to do.  When it was time for me to leave, I walked into the front office, and this lady was talking about me to Kathy, the front desk lady.  I know she was talking about me, because the minute I walked in, she went silent and said goodbye.  If you don't want to deal with stuff like this, why volunteer to be in charge for it???  Simple question, difficult answer.  Who knows, anyway, it'll all work out, I just hate the thought of someone not liking me.

Anyway, I also turned down a P.T.A. position as co~chair for parental involvement.  Back when Todd quit P.T.A. I told the pres., Patty, that if she needed to fill his position with someone already on the board, I would take over their spot.  And at that time, I was more than willing to do that.  However, this job literally fell into my lap, and I had to turn her down.  The parental involvement person, Libby, got a full time job as a teacher's assistant, and can't handle all the duties involved.  That is a huge job, and while I can't co~chair with her, I told them I'd help when I was able.  My new job is from 11~2, and while it's only three hours each day, with it being in the middle of the day, it slices my day right down the middle.  So...I told the boys' teachers that I would still be around to help out when possible.  Providing I don't have a migraine from being in charge of almost 900 students in a two and a half hour time span.  =)

All joking aside, I am soooo excited about this!  I am really sad for my friend, Katie, who does this job now, but will stop tomorrow, her last day.  The poor girl has cried all week.  I am so emotional, so I really feel for her.  Pray for her to have strength if you think about her...she starts a new job on Monday, but this will be hard on her.  She loves these kids so much, and her heart is right there on her sleeve, for the whole world to see.  She told me she'd prayed that God would bring in someone who loves the students as much as she does, and voila, here comes me.  I do love these kids so much, that's why I'm so excited.  I've been told that some of these kids will see only one friendly face all day, and that'll be me.  They need a friend, a smile, an encouraging word, and sometimes a hug.  I am more than qualified to do all of the above, and I can't wait to start!

Well, Diego is calling me...and bedtime for the boys.  Two out of the four have a headache, and that, my friends, spells B-E-D-T-I-M-E.  Oh, and guess what???  I have a date with my hubby tomorrow night!  Whoo hoo!  We're going to a birthday party for a friend, then are going to the late showing of Fireproof!!!  I am soooooo excited!  The boys are spending the night with his parents!  And we're doing it all again next weekend, but that time will be in honor of our 12th anniversary!  

1 comment:

Rene' said...

I'm jealous...wish we could have date nights on Friday (or any night for that matter)...we have a screwed up schedule. Four kids are hard to just "hand off" - especially when two are under 2 years old! Let me know how the movie is...I'd love to see it! Love ya girl...you've had a big week!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...