Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Letdown

Well after yesterday's post, they did not test Jonah and Noah. I don't know if they just don't do it anymore, or if they forgot. They probably just don't do it anymore. Which I'm thankful for...I mean, if they don't know everything, they will, right? After all, what is school for??? I get frustrated b/c all these teachers want your kids to know everything from their names (first and last), how to spell and write them, their phone numbers and address, and the alphabet lower and upper case, the sounds each letter makes, and numbers. Counting and reading them. Come on!!


O.K. I'm finished. But, registration went great! The boys are so excited to start school!!! Even Jonah! Thanks to my lovely friend who is praying for me (I love you if you're reading this!)! She's been banging on heaven's doors on my behalf. They all got a Dragon t-shirt, and Jonah hasn't taken it off yet. I think he thinks he'll get to wear it everyday! Hey, if it makes him happy about school, I'll let him! We all saw people we knew...the boys (especially Graham) went around talking to everyone (can we say future politician???), but THEN we saw our most favorite of all, the beloved Phyllis Gaines. The gym teacher. It's so sweet the way she's so into all of them, she was genuinely glad to see them and hugged them so tight. It just about made me cry. I think Graham's teacher from last year may have been offended b/c Ms. Gaines was sitting right next to her when Graham ran up to her. She thought he was coming to see her, but he ran to Ms. Gaines and threw himself into her arms. Ooops. =)

I spent an enormous amount of money at the school then went and spent an enormous amount of money in Kroger. We were out of everything. Now I'm home and listening to the boys playing (fighting) with my friends' kids, who are with us a few hours today, then all day Thursday. And I'm sitting her thinking of how I can tell them I can't keep them anymore. She's a teacher, so when she has to work on a day when they're out, I keep them. But just today, they have fought CONSTANTLY and Cody has cried, literally every ten minutes. And whined. And destroyed Graham's tower. And then lied to me. Pray for me people, here comes their dad. Ask for guidance.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! I'm sad that our babies are starting school. YES they will certainly learn all they need to know at school! Please don't worry about that, you have enough to worry about! May God grant you peace and comfort over the next few weeks. I hope you guys have a wonderful vacation time this weekend. I love you and miss you bunches!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer! It seems like I heard last year that they weren't doing the testing anymore on the incoming K students. But I hear you on what they are being expected to know these days. I hate to see what is going to be expected of Audrey when she goes in 4 years! Scary! I have heard good things about this new reading program, though, and I'm sure your boys will do well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...