Sunday, June 8, 2008

In Full Swing

I haven't written in a little bit, so I thought I'd let you know what we've been up to. Not much. Well, just the usual summer stuff, anyway. We're not sleeping in so late anymore, Jonah has decided he likes to wake the whole house up at around 7:30. If he's up, I guess he doesn't want to be alone. The boys had friends over last week, enough so, that I decided we'd take it easy for a week. Friday, we went to the Pink Palace with my dad. We dug for buried treasure, and took a nap in the planetarium movie theatre. Me and Noah, that is. Something about the darkness and the reclining seats. I was out like a light. Saturday found the boys building sailboats with Daddy at Home Depot, ending the day in the water at Nana's and Big Daddy's. Today we visited a new church, more on that later, went to a Redbird's game, then ended the day at our neighbor's house at a cookout and swimming party. Whew, sounds like a lot, doesn't it?

We're doing more of the same tomorrow. It's too hot to do anything without water, and our neighbors graciously offered us the use of their pool while they work. The boys were thrilled, needless to say, and I am too! I will admit, I am using this as a bargaining tool to make them get along. They fought like cats and dogs all last week. Mostly it was just Graham and Jonah. Go figure. The two bullheaded ones fighting over everything. Pray for me, if you think of it this week. Pray that I don't kick them out to the curb. Not really, but they did work on their attitudes this weekend, so hopefully they'll be nice. Like I said, I now have something to bargain with. My friends kids fought all week, too, so it has to be the weather. At least we'll have something physical to do for a few days, that usually helps.

Sorry if I bored you, we've been pretty much taking it easy so far. I am taking full advantage of not having to follow a schedule this summer. Oh, one exciting thing for this week: Drew's finally having his birthday sleepover Tuesday night, so along with my children, we'll get an additional 4. He's excited about getting to torture Graham, whatever that means. I don't know if it's with pillows or what, but we'll find out....more on that, too, later. Have a happy Monday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am disappointed you did not mention the fact that we went to the Redbirds baseball game on Sunday and Papa and I are having a guys night out with the boys on Thursday at another Redbirds game. Also we hope Mimi hurries up and gets over the pneumonia since she missed the ball game on Sunday.

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...