Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Tuesday!

My kids are still asleep! It is 9:30, and all 4 of them are snoozing away! I just had to share that...I'm about to go make sure they're all breathing! Yes, I still do that. Call me a paranoid mom. I know.

I am finishing up the Epic Bible study this week, and we met last night. It was so good!! John Eldredge paints such a beautiful picture of creation, one that I know I don't take enough time to reflect on. When I read in Genesis, I read the part about how it all began, but then I jump ahead to Genesis 3, when the fall took place. John Eldredge challenged us not to jump ahead, but just to sit in Genesis 1 for a while, and ponder ORIGINAL GLORY. I had never heard that term before, and had most certainly never thought of it, but that is when original glory began. It helps me to picture my most favorite spot in nature (the beach or the mountains), and know how much more beautiful than that the garden of Eden was.

My study was so amazing last night...I'm going to Central church for it. My neighbor goes there, and she's the one who invited me to do this. I think I have found my forever Bible study gals. I love it there...they are so loving and kind, something that is so different than anything I have ever participated in. I will be sad when it ends next week, but rest assured I will be joining them again in the fall when they start another one!

We'll be small as we finish next week, about half the women participating are leaving to go on MAPS trips this week and next. My small group leader, Brenda, is going to Kenya on Thursday. She's really cute...57 years old and goes on these trips all the time. I would love to be like that when I "grow up"! The place I want to go to the most is to Jerusalem. I cannot imagine walking where Jesus walked. I don't know if I'd be able to even concentrate on what the guide was saying, I'd be so beside myself.

Alright, well my kiddos all woke up, and breakfast is calling my name. Hope you all have a blessed day.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...