Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Drew



Well, if I haven't called to tell you about the character award ceremony in Drew's class, it's because if I talk about in person, I will cry. His teacher is just the most precious little thing ever. She is going through a really tough situation, I promised not to say anything, but she needs prayer so bad. And she is moving to East Tennessee after school is over. Which is probably why I am so emotional. She put so much time and thought into these character traits for all her students, and I cannot tell you how meaningful it is to hear a teacher say these things about your child. It just warms my heart. I am going to write what she said about Drew.


Drew Goodwin: "The character trait I chose to honor Drew with is joy. 'Joy is being happy inside and out.' Drew comes in every morning with a contagious smile on his face. He is so fun to be around whether you are a teacher or a friend. Other boys and girls enjoy sitting next to Drew because he is so kind, caring and brings joy to their lives. Thank you, Drew, for displaying the character trait of joy in this classroom. A person who spreads joy will make a difference in many lives."


I am crying AGAIN. I love and appreciate this special lady so much. Aside from loving Jesus with all her heart, she loves her kids. We will be very sad to see her go. :( On the up side, I feel as if I have made a new forever friend. We plan on staying in touch. It stinks getting so attached to these teachers, I cry just about every year, but this year has by far been the worst. Can you believe what she said about my baby?!?!?! Drew loves her every bit as much as she loves him. She was the reason he got up so great every morning. She instilled in him the passion to learn more and try harder. You should see what she would write on his papers, especially when it pertained to penmanship. She loved praising him, because it made him do better. Above are the two today at the ceremony. Isn't she precious? The other is the class picture. I'm going to go cry some more. Oh, and for being the room mom, she gave the most BEAUTIFUL book of scripture...it's called Footprints for Women, and is filled with scripture. Amazing...

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...