Sunday, April 6, 2008

What we've been up to

Well, all the weekend practices got rained out. Well, as Jonah pointed out, it wasn't actually raining outside. But the grass was swampy, so that justified it. We'll begin tomorrow night. Friday night found us with the same friends as usual, but this time it was hosted by the Riley's, much to the kids' excitement. I have a sweet picture of Graham holding baby Annabelle. She would not go to sleep...until Graham got her. Then she went right to sleep. Precious little thing. This time we played Kelly's version of dominoes. I have never played dominoes. I'm not much of a game kind of gal, but they're molding me into one. It was really fun, though, even though Todd said regular dominoes is better.

Saturday found us outside just about all day. Drew and his friend, Collin (who'd spent the night) rode their bikes to Collin's house and ended up staying there till almost 8:00 that night. Jonah and Noah rode bikes all day. And I sat. And watched. I was very lazy. I really wanted to be doing something to my house, but since it's torn up, what's the point? Todd and Graham went downtown with the men's group from church and fed the homeless. Graham made some new friends. They were playing basketball at a park, and Graham went over and played with them. They were giving him pointers on what to do. When that was over, he went over and played with some other kids on the playground. He really enjoyed it and is looking forward to doing it the next time. I'd actually like for all of us to go the next time. I love the thought of the boys being exposed to that, and realizing how blessed we are.

Saturday night we stayed home and watched the basketball games. Tonight we went to our neighbor's church and watched our neighbor, Travis perform. What we went to is called Kidz Central, and it's just music, skits, and a Bible lesson for kids of all ages. They all loved it, and I'm sure we'll go back the next time. This is something Central does once a month, and each month they have a different virtue. Tonight's was joy...even when things don't go our way. I wish our church did stuff like that...the kids crave it, and I feel for them!

We came home and ate dinner, then went back outside (I feel like I live out there!). We played a sophisticated version of catch...it's a ball with batteries and hand bands. The ball reads the bands and tells you where to throw it next. It's really fun...it was a present Jonah and Noah got, even though they don't catch that well. Then Todd, the boys and Kari from next door played hide and seek. I was base. That was scary, I admit, seeing my husband running full throttle towards me trying to "touch base" before Kari caught him.

We had an awesome weekend, and I hope you all did too. Oh, and Big Daddy, I'm glad you're feeling better. Are we on for dinner next Saturday night?!?! You've got some grandkids that are really wanting a ride on the tractor...if it's "awake" that is. Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...