Monday, April 7, 2008

Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You today with a heart full of joy and gladness. I thank You for Your all consuming, unconditional love for us. Even when we don't deserve Your mercy, You bestow it. I thank You for the family You have blessed us with, and not just the ones related by blood. For all the family I have related to me through Your blood.

I ask that anyone that has discouragement in their hearts will be lightened as a result of this prayer. I ask that You come against any other fears, insecurities, or depression that there may be in my family. I pray that You will bring peace to those who need it, and comfort to those who need it. I pray Your blessings upon everyone that I know and love right now, in Your holy Name.

I thank You for the husband You have blessed me with. I thank You for Your obvious work in his life, and the man of God he's become. I pray that You will surround him at all times with Your love, and Your presence. I pray that You will guide him in every decision he has to make, about work and his future. Give him comfort over all that he does regarding our family, and help him to be all that You have planned for him to be. Give him wisdom as he fathers our children, as he trains these boys up in Your ways.

I thank You for my boys, Lord. What a blessing You have entrusted me with! I pray that I will not only be the wife to Todd that would please You, but the mother that You want me to be, as well. I pray that I will discipline these boys in a way that will please You, and in a way that is loving and gentle. I pray for each of them, and their future spouses, that these girls are raised in a Christ~centered home. I pray that these girls will know and experience Your love on a daily basis, and that they will grow up fearing You.

I thank You for my parents, all three sets of them, and the siblings you have blessed Todd and me with. I pray that You will protect their families, and their loved ones, and that You will keep them in Your loving arms. I pray that You will show them the plans You have for them, and help them to be patient as they await Your timing. You know all situations, Lord, and I am asking You to intervene in whatever they may be facing. I thank You for all the time and love our parents invest into our kids' lives. I pray that You will use them as loving examples of what Your love should look like...let Your Holy Spirit fill them and surround them at all times.

I love You, Lord, and I thank You that I have the freedom of praying to You, and being able to speak Your Name. I thank You for the privilege I have of being able to attend and be a part of a church like mine. For the family of believers that have become so dear to my heart. I thank You for the leadership of that church, and I pray that You will guide them in any decision making they have...especially in finding a pastor for our children's department. We know that You have another "Tim and Jenny" out there, that You want to come and lead our kids. I pray for the youth of our church, that they will be God fearing kids, focused only on serving You, not on what style of clothes everyone wears. I pray for the parents involved in youth, that they will allow You to work through them, and to be examples of You, and Your non~judgmental ways.

I love You, and I thank You, Father. Thank You for the many times You have carried me when I couldn't walk on my own. Thank You for keeping me in Your arms, at all times. Give me more faith in You and in Your provision over us. I pray that Your word will remain in my heart and that I will forever remain close to You, just like Your word promises. I love You, and I bless Your holy Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...