Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Laughter or Tears?

I am choosing joy. I am choosing to rejoice in this glorious day that God has made. And I am choosing not to complain and whine, and freak out over money. I am choosing joy, even if it kills me!!!! Tim, you asked what was the latest and where are the pics? Well, the latest is that they are finished with the floor, and are coming tomorrow and Friday to paint the baseboards and do touch ups on other painting and to fix the holes they put in the walls. The sink will be installed next Tuesday. The pictures haven't been taken yet, because everything is still dirty. There's going to be another mess once the painter comes, so I'm not ready to clean yet.

I'm reminding myself to choose joy because the plumber is back again fixing our new leak. We found it last night. The positive side to this (and there aren't many) is that the new leak is in the same spot the old ceiling leak was in. That's a good thing because the hole was already there! We had never repaired that ceiling. You can call it superstition, or whatever, but every time (AND I DO MEAN EVERY) time we repair the ceiling, another leak springs forth. So, while my husband is choosing to freak out a little, I'm not. It's almost funny at this point. Almost. He did tell me that he is NOT fixing the ceiling...he wants to watch it, so we can catch it quick like we did last night. I told him I could deal with that.

On the up side, praise God we found it, and no damage was done to the piano underneath the leak! The piano is something my dad bought for my mom, and while there was water all over it, everything dried out really good, and there are no side effects of water being on it. It really could have been much, much worse. AND, it's not like the plumber had to come in and make this huge mess. There's already kind of a mess left over from the leak a few weeks ago. That's right...you hear me talking myself into this positivity. But, hey, whatever works, right?!?!

Onto bigger and better things: Jonah and Noah are sick. =( They may have to miss their first t~ball game. They have the coxsackie virus, which is also called hand foot and mouth disease. It starts off with high fever for a day or so, then the outbreak of the rash comes. It honestly looks like chicken pox. There's not really anything you can do for it, so you just have to suffer along with them. The rash is on their hands, feet, mouths, arms, and private area. It doesn't itch, so at least it's not bothering them. I say them...Noah doesn't have the rash yet, just the fever, but it'll come tomorrow, probably. Anyway, the bumps on Jonah multiplied yesterday, and he now looks like a diseased child. The only reason I'm NOT at the dr.'s office is because I've already spoken with his nurse, and she assured me the rash was normal. Just gross. I am praying no one else comes down with this. Collierville Elementary would freak out, for sure.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Not really anything fun and exciting going on, just crazy~ness, as usual. There is NEVER a dull moment in this household. Oh, and the stupid leak had to go and ruin the #2 episode of this season's Deadliest Catch. After we found it, it just wasn't the same. Ugh, the nerve.

Verse of the day:
Romans 12:12 Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble and keep on praying. (NLT)

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...