Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I AM FREEZING!

We have 2 fans and a humidifier going downstairs, and it's making it so cold down here!!! I am having a complete day of laziness, and am using Todd's laptop while sitting in the recliner. I figure I deserve a day of putting my feet up after yesterday. Maybe not, but it sure does feel good!!

I think the floor and wall may be dry enough for the work to start tomorrow. I just got a phone call from the contractor, explaining what all was about to take place. He told me that it will be a HUGE mess, but in 2 weeks, all will be complete. Fun, fun, fun! Not really, but we'll manage.

We're going to get out in a little bit, so Jonah and Noah can go see Andy. They were so good yesterday, in the midst of all that was going on, so I promised them they could see Andy today. And I could use some girlfriend time. Complete with coffee. It's raining here today, so between the rain and the fans, it will warm me up.

Jonah and Noah just ran up and asked me if they could have a brownie, but they don't know where they are, since our pantry is messed up!! I did manage to get most of the food back in there (I'm less one huge shelf), but I had to explain exactly where they are. They ran in there to get one, and stopped short when they saw the mess. They just about crashed into each other! They quickly turned around and went into the kitchen through the other way. They will not walk on the floor that's been pulled up. I think Todd told them not to, but they won't even do it when they have shoes on. Too funny.

I'm going to end with verses from Proverbs 27...

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. 2 Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and not your own lips. 3 Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both. 4 Anger is cruel and fury overwhelming, but who can stand before jealousy? 5 Better is open rebuke than hidden love. 6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. 7 He who is full loathes honey, but to the hungry even what is bitter tastes sweet. 8 Like a bird that strays from its nest is a man who strays from his home. 9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel. 10 Do not forsake your friend and the friend of your father, and do not go to your brother's house when disaster strikes you-better a neighbor nearby than a brother far away. 11 Be wise, my son, and bring joy to my heart; then I can answer anyone who treats me with contempt. 12 The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it. 13 Take the garment of one who puts up security for a stranger; hold it in pledge if he does it for a wayward woman. 14 If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning, it will taken as a curse. 15 A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day; 16 restraining her is like restraining the wind of grasping oil with the hand. 17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

That's one of my favorite passages...especially verse 17. Let us all sharpen whoever we come in contact with today, may it be a sister, a friend, or a co~worker. Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...