Thursday, March 27, 2008

Basketball, anyone?

Well, we just got home from Todd's first game of basketball. They won! The final score was 43~40, in favor of Fat and Sad. I didn't even laugh. They were too good. Well, I did laugh, but it was over David, not Todd. David looks like he took ballet. Sunny told me last year they lost all the games. So maybe Todd is their lucky charm. I can't wait for the next game, it will definitely be a fun (but busy) next few weeks.

In the midst of basketball, we'll have coach pitch and t-ball. Todd is the head coach for Jonah and Noah, and they are thrilled beyond words. Plus Andy is on their team, so it just can't get any better. T-ball will be on Monday and Thursday nights, and coach pitch will be on Tuesday and Friday nights. Todd's games are all on Thursdays. So....here we go, my FAVORITE time of year!!!! And don't worry, all you Grands, I will get a schedule to you as soon as I get one!

I haven't been up to much this week except for house stuff (playing catch up from spring break...it's amazing what a huge mess four boys can make!), and helping an old friend get situated a mile away from me in their new house. She's a gal I went to church with in high school, andwe were best friends for three years, until she moved back to Georgia. I'm glad to have her back here, it's been fun catching up with her again.

I had a field trip with Graham yesterday to the Collierville Square, and we walked at least a mile once there. The school kids walked there and back for a grand total of 4 miles! Graham sure did sleep good last night! We skipped church, because there wasn't much going on there, and tomorrow I get to spend the majority of my day at their school. I'm giving Drew's class a compliment/A.R. (Accelerated Reader) party complete with movie, popcorn and juice, then I'm helping Graham's teacher. Ah, back in the swing of things. I don't get to go there much anymore, because they're growing up. :( They just don't need you like they do when they're in the younger grades. Needless to say, when I'm asked a favor, I jump at it, just because it comes so few and far between.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us, but I AM SO GLAD IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!!! We're dropping Graham and Drew off at the Baptist church for them to have a parent~free night Friday night, and we're having friends over while they're gone. PARTY! Until we have to pick all the kids back up at nine, but we're excited! Saturday is my dad's birthday party (unless he's still sick), Sunday is church all day, then Monday we're having a birthday party for Papa, even though his birthday was yesterday. Whew, I get tired just thinking of it all!

Love to all and have a great weekend! I know we will!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...