Monday, January 14, 2008

Mean Mommy

When I picked the boys up from school today, I noticed that Graham was crying. He was trying not to, but I could tell that he was fighting for his composure. I didn't want to make a big deal about it until he was completely inside the car, so when he got in, I asked him what was wrong. He said that as he was walking out this kid in the FOURTH GRADE pushed him as hard he could and Graham fell and hurt his knee. I asked him if the kid was playing a little too rough, or what, but Graham said that he wasn't. He told the boy to stop, but he wouldn't.
I asked if anything like this had ever happened before, and this fourth grader had also made fun of him on Friday. He said something like, "Hey, Graham, what are you reading, a first grade book?" Then today when he shoved Graham he said, "what are you gonna do about that?" I'll tell you what Graham's gonna do, he's gonna sic his mean mommy on him. Teach him to mess around with MY kids. Not really, just kidding.
I went ahead and wrote down everything that this kid has done, and called Graham's teacher. I haven't actually talked to her yet, she's supposed to call me back later. But their school has a zero tolerance bullying policy. This year the guidance counselor has made a huge deal about this (which was apparently a problem), and they're really cracking down on this. I have complete confidence that this will be handled in the proper way, but the mommy in me wants to jump that kid.
I guess that's why I''m not a teacher...I probably wouldn't have patience to handle something like that. The door Graham and Drew walk out of everyday is the door that their favorite teacher, Ms. Gaines stands at. She'll probably say something to this kid herself if she finds out what he did to Graham. She tends to favor Graham and Drew...this is the teacher that was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, and I made her the school's priority during teacher appreciation week last year. She and I have become friends, and she does watch out for my boys. It's good to have friends like her...someone who will love your kids almost as much as you do!
Hope you all had a happy Monday!

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...